30 July 2010

Grand Aunt Lynn

When I was young, my brother and I used to visit Dublin to see our Grand Aunt Lynn. She was, obviously, related to my Grandfather. She had married a very high official in the customs and lived in a most impressive Georgian house in some style. She had servants and was quite a lady and very difficult to contend with if you were a relative, in the sense that they were rich.

Some years later, quite recently, in the last 20 years I suppose, I went to Dublin and I thought I'd look up the house. I couldn't remember the name of the street, but I could remember, surprisingly, more or less where it was. Although the place was knocked down it hadn't been knocked about at this place as much as in some of the others. So I found it and it was a firm of solicitors. So that was it, there was no one who could remember Aunt Lynn so I never bothered and don't know any more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment